The Salvation Army – www.miramichisalvationarmy.ca
Options for Volunteers:
1. The Salvation Army Thrift Store – Volunteers needed for:
- Sorting donated items – requires standing or sitting for periods of time.
- Janitorial duties – clean bathrooms, floors, windows, perimeter of building.
- Cutting rags or clean shoes – required to sit, use scissors & cleaning products.
- Customer Service/cashier – experience an asset – training provided.
2. Friendship Suppers –
- A hot meal is provided on Mondays and Wednesday from 4-5 p.m. at the Salvation Army from October thru May. Teams of 3-4 volunteers are needed to:
- Purchase, prepare, serve and clean up at the Friendship Suppers. This may be done on a regular schedule or as a one time event
Contact: Major Deborah Hilliard, Community Ministries Director or Shanon Ecker
Time Commitment: The Thrift Store is open Monday to Friday 10:00 to 4:30, Saturday 10:00 to 3:00. You can work part or full time days. No limit on hours. Volunteers will be scheduled by the store manager, as needed, based on their skills and availability.
For the Friendship Suppers the time committment depends on frequency of involvement.
Qualifications: Dependent on what option you choose
Screening: Go in person to complete & submit registration form. You must sign a confidentiality statement and provide 2 references (non-family). If approved a criminal record check will be needed.