Kidney Foundation of Canada
Purpose of Organization:
To offer non-medical, emotional, spiritual, practical and social support to individuals and families living with life-threatening & life-limiting illnesses.
Contact: Tanya Kelley
Phone: 1.506. 453.9352
Programs for Volunteers:
1. The Kidney Foundation of Canada, Atlantic Branch is currently seeking to build a local volunteer Chapter in the Miramichi region. We are looking for passionate people to help organize and lead 2-3 annual events in the region in partnership with The Kidney Foundation – NB
2. Solo or with a group of friends: The annual door to door campaign takes place annually in May. Please contact us in March or April of that year so that we can mail you the canvasser kit(s).
3. World Kidney Day event is always the 2nd Thursday in the month of March. The Kidney Foundation of Canada will help support any local events in this international day of education.
4. A Brush of Hope is an annual fundraising event held each fall in support of The Kidney Foundation of Canada. Celebrities and notable Canadians are asked to contribute by creating an original masterpiece to be auctioned on eBay. If you know of a Canadian celebrity that would like to contribute please let us know.
5. Our annual KidneyWalks takes place during the month of September. Get your friends, family or co-workers together and join us throughout September at one of our four walk locations in NB. If you would like to start a walk in Miramichi – we can help!
If you have an idea of an event, please contact us and we will help make your event a success.
What the volunteer is able to give
The Kidney Foundation will match your skills with a volunteer opportunity.
How to apply:
Please call Tanya Kelley